Date(s) - 10/07/2020
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This course is for 16+ education providers only with priority places given to Exeter, Bicton, Petroc, South Devon and Duchy colleges.
No venue – this training will be delivered virtually
This training event is only open to staff and associates of 16+ education providers – priority spaces will be given to staff and associates from Exeter, Bicton, Petroc, South Devon and Duchy colleges . You will develop an understanding of the new framework. It will include an introduction to contextual safeguarding and how Devon will be responding to young people’s experiences of significant harm beyond their families in the form of an individual, peer group, neighbourhood/ school and people of concern across the whole continuum from prevention (community engagement and universal services) to early intervention (early help) to child protection and children in care.
Learning Outcomes for Professionals
1. Develop an understanding of young people’s experiences of significant harm beyond their families and how to respond; contextual safeguarding
2. Understand the new Adolescent Safety Framework including;
· The underpinning theoretical approach
· The model of Multi-Agency Coordination
· The pathway for the assessment of need and provision of help
· The toolkit for professionals undertaking;
3. Identify and champion your role and responsibilities in changing culture and practice across the Partnership
Devon has created a new multi-agency coordinated approach to the risks young people experience outside their family home called the Adolescent Safety Framework
Please click the link to be re-directed to the website for further information