Date(s) - 04/11/2020
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This training is a virtual course
This training course is now 12 hours long . The training is on 6 separate days each 2 hours long (10am – 12pm each day). It is set up this way to make it more manageable within your work schedule.
It is important to be available to attend all 6 parts in one course, failure to attend all parts will result in no certificate.
Course 3 : 4th Nov , 11th Nov, 18th Nov, 25th Nov, 2nd Dec and 9th Dec (2 hours per day)
This training will help Managers and Supervisors to support their frontline staff who have child protection and safeguarding concerns and/or are working daily within the child protection arena.
Who should attend:
Staff and volunteers who are in a child protection supervisory or management role (including Designated Safeguarding Leads and Deputies) and staff with line management responsibilities for practitioners who have contact with children and families.
* Identify the purpose of supervision with particular reference to safeguarding work
* Recognise some of the unhealthy processes in supervision which may result in dangerous practice
* Focus on providing supportive challenge
* Reminding you of the importance of professional curiosity
* Looking at analysis and risk assessment to help make effective decisions in those complex cases
* Explore emotional and personal issues which impact on individuals
* Discuss strategies to unblock thought processes and individual cases
Serious Case Reviews have highlighted the critical importance of high quality supervision in safeguarding and child protection to enable workers to make effective decisions in complex and challenging situations. The training will draw on material from serious case reviews, both local and national, and multi-agency case audits. The Devon and Torbay agreed a set of Child Protection Supervision Principles (2015) which are used across the agencies – these will be used to support the learning.
Cancellation Policy – unless there are extenuating circumstances, you will be charged if you don’t attend or if you cancel your place less than 4 weeks before the training date. Even if the training is fully funded by the Devon & Children Families Partnership (DCFP), we still maintain the right to charge as non-attendance prevents someone else from attending. For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Training course request
"*" indicates required fields