Date(s) - 07/07/2022
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Caddsdown Business Support Centre
Please note: you need to complete our Restorative Practice e-learning module Course: Restorative Practice e-learning (learningpool.com) before attending one of these workshops.
This workshop is for all staff and partner agencies working with children, young people and families, including those in administrative and business support roles.
To book your place:
What you need to know
- In Devon, Restorative Practice is our ‘way of being’
- Our focus is on building strong, meaningful, trusting and respectful relationships and repairing relationships when difficulties or harm arises
- We know that people are happier, more cooperative and productive, and more likely to make positive changes when we do things WITH them rather than TO them, or FOR them.
- Our restorative approach focuses on empowering our children and families to find solutions to their problems and recognises them as experts of their own lives
To develop an understanding of the Restorative Devon Framework and the 5 core principles which underpin our practice
- To enhance your skills, knowledge and confidence in restorative practice
- Develop skills and confidence in holding restorative conversations and restorative circles – these can help you solve problems and issues between yourself and your colleagues or with the children and families you work with
- To provide a value base, language, behaviours and tools to strengthen relationships with children, young people, families, partnership colleagues and each other
- Practice conversations using specific case scenarios and reflect upon the skills needed to further develop confidence and competence in restorative practice
More workshops will soon be available from September onwards. Details will be available on the DCFP website – www.dcfp.org.uk/events. There will also be opportunities for on-line virtual training throughout the year for those who are unable to attend “face to face” sessions.