Date(s) - 02/10/2020
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
National Crime Agency, Modern Slavery Human Trafficking Unit (NCA MSHTU) Webinar on Microsoft Teams
The aims of the session are to:
• Strengthen knowledge and understanding of each organisations powers/roles/responsibilities when potential victims are encountered at the border.
• Strengthen knowledge of Modern Slavery legislation and the duty to investigate.
• Improve/resolve investigative ownership/adoption issues.
Content will include:
• Powers and criminal case adoption criteria of Border Force, CFI, Police and NCA.
• Modern Slavery Act legislation with an emphasis on child trafficking and the synergies between internal trafficking of children being used to run drugs (county lines) and children bringing drugs through international borders.
• Duty to Investigate Modern Slavery.
• Case studies:
* Israeli children recruited to bring KHAT into the UK.
* OP Arkle – UK County Lines Case.
* Identity Document Act cases in the North West.
• Child Protection processes and Section 55 of the children’s act.
• The national referral mechanism process.
Please register your interest via the following email –