Date(s) - 15/09/2020
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Please note that there will be a two-hour break in the middle of the session.
No venue – this training will be delivered virtually
This is a blended digital course with some e-learning to complete as pre-course learning.
This course is fully-funded for Partners (including Police, Health, Education, Children Services, Probation). Other organisations may have to pay. We charge £45 for a half day course and £90 for a full-day course. If you are unsure as to whether you have to pay, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once booked on, you will receive an email from Dialogue, our training provider, giving you details of how to access the e-learning, the agenda for the training day and the Zoom meeting information.
Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents and carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns e.g. paediatricians, GPs, midwives, school nurses, nurses, health visitors, residential staff, teachers, youth workers, probation staff, sports club welfare offices, those working with adults in, for example, learning disability, mental health, alcohol and drug misuse services and the police.
At the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Identify the issues which might affect young people online
- Identify particular areas of risk for young people and the factors which increase their vulnerability
- Acknowledge that social media and the use of technology is now an integral part of young people’s lives today
- Describe how to keep young people safe online and enable them to benefit from the use of technology
- Know where to go for information and support
- Learn from best practice in regards to professional guidance
- Report concerns to the appropriate authority
If you have a DEL account, click here to book a place on the training. If you don’t have an account, please fill in the training course request below.
Cancellation Policy – unless there are extenuating circumstances, you will be charged if you don’t attend or if you cancel your place less than 4 weeks before the training date. Even if the training is fully funded by the Devon & Children Families Partnership (DCFP), we still maintain the right to charge as non-attendance prevents someone else from attending. For more details, contact email@example.com
Training course request
"*" indicates required fields