Date(s) - 09/06/2020 - 10/06/2020
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a two-day intensive, interactive and practical training course which provides participants with information, tools and techniques to support individuals who might be experiencing mental or emotional distress.
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence based intervention that can be delivered in a wide variety of settings, where first aid is given to an individual experiencing distress until appropriate help and treatment is received or the crisis resolves.
Objectives/Aims of Course
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
• Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem and deal with a crisis situation or help prevent someone hurting themselves or others.
• Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
• Help someone recover faster
• Guide someone towards the right support
• Help reduce the stigma of mental health problems
• Use ALGEE, a unique memory tool for conducting Mental Health First Aid
• Practice as an accredited Mental Health First Aider
Who Should Attend (including pre-requisites)
Price: £60.00 per Delegate
This course is for individuals, carers, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services & education.
If you are employed by NHS/Health/Devon & Cornwall Police/Devon County Council (Children Services) this training may be fully funded. For more information, contact email@example.com
To book a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org