Date(s) - 25/02/2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
South Devon and Dartmoor Community Safety Partnership are running six FREE bitesize courses being run locally on the subject of Prevent and Counter Terrorism.
Prevent is one of four strands of Contest – the Home Office response to Counter Terrorism in the UK. The course will be led by Chris Hall, a Home Office approved Intervention Provider who works with individuals who have been highlighted as of concern in relation to counter terrorism. He has received referrals from all areas of Devon, including West Devon, South Hams and Teignbridge.
The course will last for approximately two and a half hours, will cover the following and there will be time for questions:
• What Prevent is and how it sits within the Home Office Contest Strategy
• The Channel process, what it is, who and how to report concerns
• How an individual is supported by the Channel process
• What violent extremism is and what ideologies people follow, including right wing extremism and Islamist extremism
• The role that social media and gaming plays in the counter terrorism process
Local campaign materials available for more information
To book a place on this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving her the date, session time and venue. Please note that the number of delegates that can attend is limited due to space.