Date(s) - 24/11/2021
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
If you’re working with young volunteers then there are a few things you must consider. Organisations and groups must protect their young volunteers and do all they can to make sure that their volunteering experience is enriched and positive. This new VOYC Devon online training session looks at the needs of the groups and individuals you work with from a safeguarding perspective.
- Be more aware of the legal framework for safeguarding;
- Better understand how to identify potential safeguarding issues that might occur for young volunteers;
- Feel more confident, enabling you to make sure that young volunteers are right for the role;
- Know how to ensure that young volunteers are clear about the context of their role;
- Identify what additional support and supervision might be required and how to provide this.
Cost : £15 members / £25 non-members – delivered Zoom