Date(s) - 09/04/2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
ONLINE YMH Champion training on 9 April 2021: 9:00am – 5:00pm with 1.5 hour lunch break and plenty of short breaks to reduce online fatigue
Youth Mental Health Champion (YMHC) is a one-day intensive, interactive and practical training course which provides participants with information, tools and techniques to support young people between the age of 8-18 years old who might be experiencing mental or emotional distress.
Objectives/Aims of Course
Completing this course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health Champion, and you will have:
• An understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing.
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
• Feel confident helping a young person experiencing a problem and deal with a crisis situation or help prevent someone hurting themselves or others.
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
• Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning or NHS sites.
• Tools to look after your own well-being.
Note to Schools: YMHFA is one of the programmes delivering policies outlined in the 5 Year forward view for mental health (2017) with the aim of ensuring that every state secondary school in the country has a qualified YMHFA champion. Therefore, I encourage every school to send two staff to this training.
Price: £60.00 per Delegate
This course is for everyone who has contact with young people between the ages of 8-18 years. It is for teachers, parents, carers, community groups, police, voluntary, Children services, health & social care services & education.
To book a place or any queries
email email@example.com or text 07506810761 with your name and mobile number.