A great snack or an easy make-ahead breakfast. Add any ingredients you like or need to use up!
These recipes are designed for you to cook together as a family. The best bits for children to help with are shown in blue, and little hands can always help with measuring ingredients and washing up!
Approximate cost per adult serving: 38p
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 eggs
- 6 balls defrosted frozen spinach (fresh works too)
- 1/2 pepper, cut into small chunks
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Defrost the spinach by soaking in water. Wash the vegetables and chop the pepper, spring onion and spinach. Grate the cheese.
- Beat or whisk the eggs together, add the spinach, pepper and spring onions and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tray with a little oil, butter, or spread and pour the egg mixture into each until about ¾ full. Top with a sprinkle of grated cheese. Bake in the oven until risen and firm (approx. 15-20 minutes). If you don’t have a muffin tray, try cooking in a small ovenproof dish and slicing when done.
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl
- Muffin tray
Eggs are a very nutrient rich source of protein, essential for growth and repair.
Help us improveDon’t include personal information.
"*" indicates required fields