Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information on the situation in Devon, please visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice page. Additionally, refer to NHS Devon for the latest updates about local health services developments.

You can book or manage your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination appointments via the NHS website.

Online safety

The internet is an exciting place for children and young people to play, explore and connect. But it is important to be aware of the risks - such as seeing inappropriate content, cyberbullying or having personal information stolen.

Report a child safety concern

If you are worried about a child's safety and want to speak to someone you should contact the MASH.

Bruising, skin mark or injury in babies and children

Bruising or unexplained marks are rare on a baby who is non-mobile. It is also possible that sometimes a parent might cause an injury accidentally and be able to describe

Private fostering

Private fostering is when a child or young person under 16 years old (or 18 if they have a disability) is looked after for a period of 28 days or more by someone who is not a close relative, guardian or person with parental responsibility.


Bullying is behaviour that hurts someone else – such as name calling, hitting or pushing, spreading rumours, threatening or undermining someone. Bullying is not always physical and can have a serious, long-term effect on a child.


Bullying that occurs on social media, online gaming or via mobile phones is called cyberbullying. It can include spreading rumours about someone, or posting nasty or embarrassing messages, images or videos.

Sex and sexually harmful behaviour

Learning about sex and sexual behaviour is a normal part of a child's development. It will help them as they grow up, and as they start to make decisions about relationships.

Special needs and disabilities

Some children and young people have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND). This can present significant challenges if you are their parent or carer. If your child has special educational needs or a disability, speak to the professionals already working with your family, such as your health visitor, child’s teacher or GP.

Missing children

100,000 children and young people run away from home or care in the UK each year – that’s one every five minutes. Children run away for all sorts of reasons, including trouble at school or arguments within the family. They may leave on impulse or in protest.

Child sex offender scheme

The child sex offender disclosure scheme allows members of the public – whether parents, carers and guardians or another interested party – to formally ask the police to tell them if someone has a record for child sexual offences.

If you are concerned that a child is being abused please call

0345 155 1071

or email

Professionals should complete the MASH contact form.

If it’s an emergency call 999