Tickets for the Early Help Roadshows, taking place across Devon in June and July 2019, are now available!
What you will get out of coming to roadshow…
- Be encouraged as your understanding of what Early Help is grow, and learn how to obtain support for your families;
- Gather information from the partners involved in Early Help – understand who is involved, what is involved, and how it all fits together;
- Enjoy the opportunity to ask questions and to continue to improve the Early Help experience / journey;
- Be motivated to use ‘Right for Children’ consistently and effectively to provide better support for families;
- Realise what submitting a RfAS (Request for Additional Service) can do, how the RfAS and triage process works, and understand the expectations around them;
- Be involved in discussions about Early Help Practitioner Forums, remind yourself why these are so important and why they should be attended by practitioners;
- Be inspired by our keynote speakers and workshops, and go back to your service with new ideas, awareness and clarification of how Early Help really works to support your families.
At each roadshow, the following workshop options will be available.
Graduated Response Tool – Babcock LDP
What Makes a Good Referral? – Children’s Centres
‘How to use ‘Better off’ Calculators’ – Department for Work & Pensions
Homelessness Prevention – Housing
Service Offer and Intervention Packages – Public Health Nursing
Parenting – Family Intervention Team
Overview of SPACE – SPACE
Social Care – Early Help Social Care
Substance Misuse & Support – Together
Attendees are only able to attend one selection from each group as the workshops in each group will take place simultaneously.
In addition to the workshops there will be networking opportunities, a range of stalls from partner agencies to browse and, following the event, you will receive an electronic pack containing information from all nine workshops.
When you register for your preferred Roadshow on Eventbrite, please ensure that you have selected three tickets – one from Workshop 1, one from Workshop 2, and one from Workshop 3. If you choose more than one ticket from the same workshop, you will randomly be allocated a workshop to attend and may not get your first choice – please book carefully.
Each attendee must register their own booking – no group bookings will be accepted, nor will multiple tickets booked under a single name.
Further details will be sent to registered attendees before the event.
If you find yourself unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so your tickets can be reissued.
Please use the following links to book onto the roadshow of your choice.
- Early Help Roadshow – South Devon – Monday 24 June, 09:15 – 13:00, Buckfast Abbey
- Early Help Roadshow – North Devon – Tuesday 25 June, 09:15 – 13:00, Barnstaple Hotel
- Early Help Roadshow – Exeter (Morning) – Tuesday 2 July, 09:15 – 13:00, Exeter Racecourse
- Early Help Roadshow – Exeter (Afternoon) – Tuesday 2 July, 14:15 – 18:00, Exeter Racecourse
- Early Help Roadshow – Mid/East Devon (Afternoon) – Wednesday 3 July, 11:45 – 15:30, Tiverton Hotel
If you have any questions please contact Childsc.Earlyhelpimprovementprogramme-Mailbox@devon.gov.uk