Skip to content

Training and resources for professionals

Domestic violence and abuse information for professionals

Information about domestic violence and abuse for professionals in Devon can be found on The Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse (DSVA) Alliance website.

They are a large network of voluntary and statutory organisations and community members working together to end domestic and sexual violence and abuse in Devon.

Their website has lots of  information and tools to help professionals feel confident in supporting people suffering domestic and sexual violence and abuse, including how to complete a risk identification checklist, making a referral to a support service and the MARAC process.

Getting help

If you are concerned about a child or young person in Devon please contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0345 155 1071 or email

If you are concerned about an adult (aged 16+) in Devon please complete the Risk Identification Checklist (Safelives DASH RIC) to identify the level of risk which support service to refer them too.  and follow the advice on the MARAC page for all levels of risk.

If you are concerned about a vulnerable adult please contact Care Direct on 0845 155 1007 (8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 1pm on Saturdays) In an emergency, please contact the Emergency Duty Service 0845 6000 388 or email

Splitz Support Service is a charity delivering support services to women and young people experiencing the trauma of domestic abuse and sexual violence. Telephone 0345 155 1074 or email Splitz also offering support sessions for professionals who are working with parents and children who are experiencing ongoing domestic abuse.

SAFE (Stop Abuse For Everyone) is a charity based in Exeter providing help and support to children and families who have experienced domestic abuse and violence. Telephone 030 30 30 0112 or email (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm)

If you are concerned that a child is being abused please call

0345 155 1071

or email

Professionals should complete the MASH contact form.

If it’s an emergency call 999