These are our quick tips when making a MASH contact.
- Consent should be obtained from the family to make the contact, unless it is a child protection matter and to seek consent would put the child at further risk of harm.
- The contact form should be completed as fully as possible, including:
- Basic information about child’s name and date of birth
- Family details including dates of birth and family household composition
- Ethnicity and language of children and parents
- Identification of adults with parental responsibility and surnames if they are not the same as the parents
- Address and telephone number of the family and carers and any other significant adults and GP details
- Schools or early year settings attended
- Name of key professionals, such as health visitors, GP and any health professionals
- Nature of the concerns including any family history known or available to referrer.
- Enquiries should always be made in writing and not by telephone.
- You should be clear about the nature of the enquiry and what support has already been offered.
Help us improveDon’t include personal information.
"*" indicates required fields